Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fabric Postcard Challenge. for 2014

Every now and then I have to shake things up and break out of my normal routine.  This year I have challenged myself to stitch 350 fabric postcards.  I have no idea if I'll be able to accomplish this lofty goal, but I am going to try.

For those who don't know what a fabric post card it, well, it's a post card made from fabric.  It has fabric on the front, plainer fabric on the back where you write and place the stamp and a really stiff layer in the middle to keep it rigid in the mail.  Yes, you put a regular postage stamp on it and send it through the mail.  It's barely noticeable, but at the bottom of the first two postcards, are the bar code that the sorting machine prints .


 
This next photos is the back of a card that went through the mail as well.

 
I hope that you'll join with me to view my journey through the rest of the year as I explore the making of all sorts of fabric postcards.  And to keep you coming back, I'm letting you know that I'll be holding the occasional contest  to have one of them mailed to you. 

3 comments:

  1. This is an interesting project Heather! I'm currently in Bali and I'll be in the look out for a fabric postcard. I'll let you know if I find one. Good luck and please keep us posted with this one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, I d love one of those. Hope you reach your goal, but as long as you enjoy making and sending them, that is all that matters really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are amazing! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to put a link in for you--as they are too pretty not to share. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment is like sending a postcard; we'd love to hear from you.